Hamburg Business Day Tunisia
"Tunisia as a crucial driving force for the openness of North Africa"
April 8th 2011
09.30 - 14.30h
Venue: Hamburg Chamber of Commerce & Industry
The current situation in the Arab world has attracted international concerns. While the turmoil still persists in many countries of this region, the situation in Tunisia has stabilized quickly. The prospects for a speedy transition to a democratic civil society for this country are seen as very favorable by international experts. What are the results of the new situation in Tunisia especially on its economic sectors?
The Hamburg Business Forum Tunisia is an opportunity where a number of experts, professionals and visionaries share their expertise and knowledge regarding these issues with an audience from the different parts of the EMA region.
10.00h Welcome Addresses
- Heinz-Werner Dickmann, Deputy Managing Director of the Hamburg Trade Chamber
- Welcome Address and Input: Enthusiasm in Tunisia – Change and it’s Impact, Taoufik Ben Amara, Former UN-Coordinator, Member of the EMA Advisory Board
- Mohamed Imed Torjemane, Consul of the Republic of Tunisia in Hamburg
10.30h Tunisia and its Neighbours: A New Start for the EMA-Region?
- Economic Transformation Processes in Tunisia and North Africa, Dr. Klaus Hachmeier, Federal Ministry of Economics and Technology, Berlin
- New Perspectives for Tunisia and North Africa – Investment Opportunities and Industries of the Future, Martin Kalhöfer, Market Research, Head of Africa/Middle East Department, Germany Trade and Invest, Bonn
- Will the Political Change Liberalize the Tunisian Banking Sector?, Tahar Sioud, Minister for Trade and Former Ambassador, Chairman of the Supervisory Board of the Banque Internationale Arabe de Tunisie S.A., Tunis
- The Jasmine Revolution from an Entrepreneurial Point of View, Rüdiger Erb, Sales-Organisation European Logistics, Tradelane Manager Maghreb/Türkei, DACHSER GmbH & Co. KG, Kempten
Chair: Taoufik M. Ben Amara, Former UN-Coordinator
13:00h Current Legal and Economic Framework
- The Arab Revolution from a Legal Point of View – New Opportunities, New Risks?, Dr. Stephan Jäger, Partner, Amereller Legal Consultant, Munich
- Protection of German Investments in Tunisia and the Neighbouring Countries against Political Risks, Dr. Richard Happ, Luther Rechtsanwaltsgesellschaft mbH, Hamburg
- New Tunisia, New Opportunities for Success, Abdelaziz Chiha, Managing Director, Foreign Investment Promotion Agency, FIPA-Tunisia, Köln
- Short- and Medium Term Starting Position for Foreign Direct Investment to Tunisia After the Uprising, Hamadi El-Aouni, Expert on Economic and Middle East Topics, Freie Universität Berlin, Berlin
Chair: Prof. Dr. Fathi Franzmathes, Head of the Institute for Commerce and Languages (IWS), Hamburg
14.30h Conclusion of the event with B2B meetings in the foyer